At BnK Construction, we’re known throughout the Portland area for our thoughtful, stylish, and modern Class A office build-outs and remodels. Let’s take a look at a few of our favorite Portland office designs we’ve worked on and the features that might inspire your next big project.
Tenant improvement, ground-up, and anything in-between
We don’t have to tell you that the commercial real estate market in Portland is competitive. Especially close to Downtown Portland, there’s a serious shortage of office space. You can move out into the suburbs or further reaches of the city, but you might lose out on top talent who prefer city life.
What this adds up to is pretty simple: when searching for office space, you’re not likely to find something that meets your needs perfectly. That’s where BnK Construction comes in. When you need a helping hand to get any-size office space ready, we’re there. We help with:
- Tenant improvement projects – When you sign a lease on an office space, we can quickly help you get it ready for move in, thanks to our seamless design and construction process.
- Ground-up construction – If you’ve found the holy grail, a piece of undeveloped commercial property, then you’re in luck. The sky’s the limit when you build from the ground up.
- Class A office remodels – If you’re in a space that’s nearly perfect or just needs a few updates, an office remodel might be in your future. We’re able to work quickly and efficiently to minimize downtime without compromising on the results.
Thinking about starting an office construction, design, or remodeling project? Let’s talk. Call (503) 557-0866 and tell us what you’re thinking about. There’s no office design or construction project we can’t handle.
Parliament is a design agency in Portland known for working with some of the biggest brands in the world, like Nike, Microsoft, and many more. When building out their headquarters on East Burnside Street near Downtown Portland, they needed a space as modern, forward thinking, and stylish as the work they create.
Their new space features:
- Large open gathering areas, perfect for the weekly happy hours they host during the summer
- Comfy and welcoming areas to meet, work, and collaborate
- Big windows to take advantage of the available natural light
Work & Co.
Work & Co. is a digital product agency with offices in New York City, São Paulo Brazil, and right here in Portland, too. In the heart of Old Town, Work & Co.’s Portland office stands out in a neighborhood that’s constantly on the rise. Some of the features we love from this Portland office design and Class A construction project include:
- Modern open office layout with tons of bright natural light
- High ceilings that respect the area’s industrial roots
- Sound-dampened conference rooms to keep city noises out when meeting with global clients via teleconference
- Private telephone booths for quick phone meetings
- Durable concrete floors and natural wood accents throughout the space
When working with Peak Mortgage to build out their newest office, our team knew just what they needed. Gone are the days of meeting with a stuffy banker in an uncomfortable office. Today’s home buyers are modern, digital, and want to feel comfortable.
Everything about Peak Mortgage’s new office was thoughtfully designed and carefully constructed to create a friendly and welcoming space. Visitors will find:
- Comfortable and private meeting areas
- Calming colors and relaxing vibes
- No hard edges
How we work
At BnK Construction, design and construction go hand-in-hand and work together to bring our clients’ vision to life. We listen, collaborate, and work with you to help bring your vision to life.
Class A remodels, tenant improvement, and ground-up construction projects turn out better when one team handles everything from start to finish. By having designers and architects collaborate with contractors and superintendents, we anticipate problems before they start and work more efficiently.
During construction we live by one word: communication. We communicate with each other to make sure we’re staying on-budget and on-schedule. Then our experienced project managers communicate with you, explaining what’s happening and answering any questions you may have. You’ll feel confident about the progress we’re making and will never feel left out of the loop.
This is one of our favorite recent Portland office design projects. Have you ever seen an office that felt like home before? Welcoming warm colors, soft textures, stylish furniture, funky decor, and bright light add up to create a space designed for productivity and happiness.
This space features a mix of open office space as well as private meeting and conference rooms. A key part of the design was maintaining the historic building’s original features, including brink, sturdy natural wood beams, and much more.
Construction Board of Trade
The Board of Trade building is located in Downtown Portland and was originally built in 1908. As a fixture of Downtown for over a century, we were honored to help update it for the 21st century. Our team worked to transform the building’s interior to create bright, comfortable, elegant, and modern office space. Exposed brick remains as a nod to the building’s long and storied history. Glass doors and walls are used to create separate meeting and work spaces without making the office feel cramped or dark.
We’re really proud of how this one came out.
Have a project in mind?
Tell us about it. We can’t wait to be as inspired by your vision as you are. In addition to remodeling and tenant improvement, when working on ground-up construction projects we love to be involved from the very start. We can even help with site selection, offering the advice and insights we’ve gleaned over decades of local construction experience.